Sep 4, 2013

About Me!




Hi! My name is Kyara, I am 19, turning 20 on December 5th (also the birthday of the great Walt Disney.) I was born in Bayamon, Puerto Rico and I am 100% Puerto Rican. My dad joined the United States Army when I was about 3 years old and have been traveling the world since. My very first trip was to the United States, Georgia. That is where I started pre-school and had begun to learn English. Since Georgia I have lived in 3 different cities in Germany, here at Fort Lee, Virginia, back over seas to the country of Turkey, and back to Virginia. While in Turkey I visited countries like France (Paris to be more exact.) Poland, Hungry, Greece, & Romania. 

Being a military kid, we have schools over-seas for us on the military bases. For anyone who didn't know, it is a system called DoDDS-E. Every military base over-seas no matter where has one so military kids can continue their education. In Turkey my graduating class consisted of 12 students. The school in general was very small with about a total of 60 in the high school. Although we were a small school we still had all season sports. I personally played Softball, Volleyball and even did cheerleading. Every year we go to a Championship based in Germany for every sport. My softball team has brought home either 1st or 2nd for years, and cheerleading has always managed to place at 2nd or 3rd. These were the two sports my school was known for, despite our size. I have received awards declaring me apart of the European All-Star team for softball 3 years in a row and 1 year for cheerleading. 

After moving back to the U.S. after 4 1/2 years of being over-seas, things took a little time for me to get used to. Over-seas on military bases there are no DMVs, so I had to of course go through my learners permit at 18 and get my license at 19.I have 1 younger brother, a dog of almost 10 years, and two wonderful parents! I am a fitness nut! I go to the gym 5 times a week and take rest on weekends. I am mainly this way due to the fact that I can't gain weight unless I go to the gym! Besides it's an awesome feeling to work out.

 I currently am engaged to my boyfriend of 3 years and we are planning to be married next July! He is also in the Military in the United States Marine Corps. We have known eachother for 10 years! I met him when I was only 9 years old and he was 13, (he is 4 years older.) We met here in Virginia on Fort Lee. His dad was also Army. When he moved in to me, he was the hot older kid next door! Who eventually turned into my baby sitter. As the years continued we kept in contact and many many years later, no one thought we'd meet again much less be engaged after 3 years of being together! 

My fiancĂ© and I!  

My ring!


One of my senior Pics. with the Turkish Mosque in the background. 

Paris France! 

My graduating class of 2012! (very small!)

European All-Star Team awards! 

My Family! 

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad that you posted this, i dont think i would have been brave enough lol but i'm glad someone actually drew attention to the fact that because men were born stronger than us, they automatically get to do everything, we don't get to have a say really because we're seen as weak minded and sensitive, but we all know that behind every good man.......i dont need to finish that lol. btw congrats on being engaged you look so pretty in your dress :)

    ReplyDelete